COAD Boulders, Ohio (OH)
Located in the same vicinity as Witches Hills and Hocking Hills State Park are the COAD Boulders, there is not a lot of information for on this area but the bouldering seems to be quite efficient. The COAD Boulders AKA Copper Head Ridge and Point Boulders are adjacent to the Trailer Park. They are also the boulders that are visible from East State Street as you look over top of Odd Lots. This Area is currently home to about 30 problems with a few open sandstone projects.
Emerald Boulder- V0-V5 The Emerald Boulder is not exactly in the COAD but is very near and for the time being will be include in this area.
- Warm Up- V0 A nice warm up with a good slabby arête.
- Barb Wire- V4 There is a long start on this problem but an easy top out.
- Snake Eyes- V2 Stay centered and grab the easy top out. Stay away from the jugs!
- The Emerald- V5 Sit start and this problem will become a little bit harder.
Lower COAD- V0-V4 Lower COAD includes all the boulders that can be reached very easily without scrambling.
- Dark Dirty Hole- V0 This one move wonder will get you warmed up and ready to tackle the tougher problems in this area.
- Pot O Gold- V4 Climb the small roof and respect the trees.
- The Nose Left- V4 The sequence on this route is quite unusual.
- The Nose Right- V4 Lots of different variations for this problem make it lots of fun.
- To Slot or Not- V1 Three variations for this problem exist. Can you solve all three?
- Warm Up Wall Left- V0 Get those veins pumping and prepared for the more difficult problems on this warm up.
- Warm Up Wall Right- V2 Use the two holes to spice up the easy warm up.
Upper COAD- V2 These are the problems that are on the hillside.
- Fire In The Hole- V2 Start in the center of the pit and climb to the mantle. Great route for practicing mantles.
Happy Hills Campground
22245 SR 78
Ohio University Inn
331 Richland Avenue
Athens, Ohio 45701
You can park at trailer park parking lot. When the trail splits go left over the new foot bridge with copper finials. Continue another 200-300 yards until you see back over east state street the boulder field is another 100 yards and up the hill and to the right.